Castle Hill Lane, Burley, Ringwood, Hampshire
- Incredible 12,000 sq ft of Total Living Space.
- Designed by Architect Sir Arthur Clough.
- 15 Bedrooms across Main House and Secondary Cottage and Converted Stable Accommodation.
- Mix of Landscaped Garden and Private Woodland.
- Private Road to Secluded Location.
- Easy Access to A31, M3 and London.
- 3 Miles from Ringwood Town Centre. Range of Finance Options.
- Potential for Equestrian Facilities.
- Only 90 miles from London via M3
Fine & Country New Forest is proud to offer this signature New Forest property to the market. Designed and built by the late Victorian architect, Sir Arthur Clough in the late 1890s, Castle Top House is one of the largest properties in the forest and has been beautifully and sympathetically enhanced by the current owners.Occupying a prime position, Castle Top House holds something of a gateway to the Forest location. It sits just a mile and a half from the A31, allowing fantastic access to Southampton, Ringwood, Bournemouth and London, whilst also enjoying seclusion by virtue of being on a private road, sitting atop the picturesque village of Burley, one of the forests most sought after neighbourhoods.
Castle Top House is a property interwoven within the history of the area. It was built in 1898 by Arthur Clough - whose father was secretary to Florence Nightingale, as well as a respected poet and educationalist in his own right. Castle Top is a residence that was built to rival any of the larger homes in the Forest, and still holds up to this day, having over the years, been given contemporary touches, but exquisitely executed in order to accentuate its period features. It is a quintessential late Victorian summer house-turned-family home, with sensational grounds, beautiful views and direct forest access for equestrian pursuits.
The current owners have been in residence for over 25 years and have extensively renovated many of the propertys structural features over that time. The house is energy efficient with a C rated EPC.